In a fully booked main auditorium of Erasmus Medical Center, the Dutch National Ebola Debate took place on Monday 20 October, with many of the key stakeholders from the ebola science and emergency communities present. In several presentations the current state of affairs was discussed and an urgent call for action was mounted, primarily to support the international efforts in West-Africa with self-managing teams, but also to take stock of the various procedures for prevention and management worldwide. ‘It’s is false to think this is an African story’, virology prof. Eric Van Gorp stressed, ‘this is a global affair which concerns us all. We need to face this scourge together’.”
You can find the various presentations below.
- Ebola: a major public health challenge – Prof.dr. Marion Koopmans
- Feiten en fabels rond Ebola – Prof. Eric C.M. van Gorp
- Ebola een harde wake-up call – Chantal Reusken
- Artsen zonder Grenzen – Mrs. Karline Kleijer & Dr. Katrien Coppens
- Ebola in Sierra Leone, a crisis out of control – Marian kruijzen
- Preparedness voor ebola in Nederland – Aura Timen, MD, PhD