Besides advancing knowledge production and education, the RGHI emphasizes areas of social valorisation closely linked to the core research of the broad array of RGHI participants.
Integrated health financing, equity and access
RGHI can be asked for expert contributions to strategic health financing, setting up health financing infrastructure and services in performance based financing in health, UHC.
The RGHI team can be called upon for state-of-the-art research valorization in the face of big international demand for integrating health-financing modalities and innovative dialogue on equity, access and health. RGHI expertise comprises:
- Health Insurance
- Performance-Based Financing
- Universal Health Coverage (UHC)
- Equity, access and poverty reduction|
- Sustainability of health systems
Urban public health services
RGHI can assist as knowledge partner in urban policy and planning, health and sanitation, and health services development in urban settings. This work pertains to TA in:
- New urban health challenges and models
- Socio-economic health differences
- Developing integrated primary care strategies
- Global urban health and infectious diseases,
- Modeling for infectious diseases and NCDs
- Health and social policies design
Improving quality in health service delivery and management
RGHI can provide assistance in developing quality systems and improving the quality of service delivery in low and middle- income settings. RGHI has in-house expertise to support innovative humanitarian logistics programs and services to improve the logistics of health service delivery.
RGHI draws on Rotterdam’s leading research groups in:
- Health logistics
- Humanitarian logistics in emergency & post-disaster situations
- Management of quality care and better service delivery
- Clinical quality improvement methods and benchmarks.
- Personalized medicine
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
Health policy, governance and impact evaluation
RGHI participants engage in frontline work on governance, policy development and impact evaluation.
Institutional and clinical governance
- Health policy development
- Health as human right
- Ethical/Humanities dimensions of global health development
- Monitoring of health development programs
- Impact evaluation studies and methodological innovation
New global health architecture and knowledge innovation
Several teams in RGHI can be called upon for TA in innovations in international knowledge production and global health infrastructure. This involves:
- Advanced courses in health policy, health economics and health financing development;
- The design and execution of health impact evaluations in diverse global settings;
- The introduction of E-learning programs; the setting up of global health educational innovation experiments;
- The development of innovative bilateral long-distance PhD programs; several international executive training programs for health, and the development of a special scheme for medical curriculum capacity building on demand.
- Modules on Civic driven change (ISS)
- Advancing participatory action modules
- New diseases modeling